Your Weekly Pencil - November 30, 2021
Take a deep breath, you did it...💪
You're packing orders and shipping them out, what now? The holidays are still in front of you and we want you to finish the year out strong! Below you'll find data, frameworks, and news we feel will help you 🚀
Check out our new blog & framework on Testing Big & Little Ideas
How does your data look?
- How are your CPM's trending? We have seen brands see dramatic dips since late yesterday and today with between a 27-52% reduction in cost.
- This is a result of reduced competition in the auction post BFCM.
- Are you ready to leverage the opportunity for less competition with shoppers still in the market?
Ad of the Week from Bark 📣
- Why we love it 💜-> Versatile. Direct. Efficient. We have learned there is a tendency to over-explain value propositions, customers appreciate directness. Get to the point and close the deal.
Top Customer Insight
"I think one of the mistakes we've made so far is, would be testing all these different avenues of creatives, different angles, targeting different avatars and what that's resulted in this is just to confuse the algorithm. It that has no idea whom we're trying to go after"
Check out our 👉 LinkedIn post with a strategy on how brands find what resonates with their ICP through running ads.
- Black Friday online sales dip for the first time according to Adobe Analytics -> who suggest that the downward trend might be caused by a jump in early spending, as some stores started sales and promotions in October.
- Influencers are taking the place of ad agencies -> Missguided, a UK fast-fashion retailer, has shifted the bulk of its marketing spend to influencer marketing, the content is able to be leveraged across multiple paid media channels, allowing them to share in the cost of production. (NOTE: As of today, Missguided is running 51 ads in the US on FB/IG)
- How To Choose, Test, and Scale Emerging Acquisition Channels-> you're getting ready for 2021 and auditing your channel strategy, check out Reforge's framework to analyze what channels are worthy of tests and which to double down on.
Top ROAS Performers QTD