Your Weekly Pencil - November 22, 2021
Big week for us all...💪
We wanted to share some information we pulled together with BFCM knocking on your door to help you prepare.
Are your headlines optimized for BFCM? 🙏 Blog with full analysis here.
TLDR - Most Brands 👇
- Write too much copy
- Don't leverage their customers enough when writing
- Forget to be conversational
- Don't remind users to convert
CPM's 📈 this week. 🤪
We analyzed 23 scaled accounts and found that in the last week:
- 83% of accounts have CPM's rising >20%
- The range of CPM increase varied from 12% to high as 94%.
- 17% of the accounts had a rise <20% WoW
Note: All of these accounts had spent> $1k in the last week.
How does your data look?
- How are your CPM's trending?
- A) If they are still not drastically different than your account baseline, you have an advantage over others and should double down
- B) Allocate some spend to traffic campaigns for retargeting once BFCM is over. There will be less auction competition.
Ad of the Week from Sunnie 🌞
- Why we love it 💛-> Bold Colors. Strong Assets. Direct Propositions. Performance can be that simple. The basics matter and we love this example of it.
Top Customer Insight
"We looked at our margin, and figured we could take a hit to get people in with free shipping, it's that time of year"
Check out our 👉 LinkedIn post with a strategy on how to work through this efficiently.
- Black Friday could be back according to Shopify -> consumers expect to spend $787 during the popular shopping weekend this year, over $100 more than 2020.
- How AI-driven predictive analytics will benefit marketers in the new data economy -> By using predictive analysis, publishers can deliver enrichment that’s transparent and cost-effective.
- Optimizing for conversion -> Increasing conversion (a.k.a fix the “leaks” in your funnel, get it?) is one of the highest ROI investments a growth team can make, particularly once you’ve got your top-of-funnel growth engines up and running.
Top ROAS Performers QTD