Your Weekly Pencil - November 15, 2021
We wanted to share some information we pulled together with BFCM just around the corner to help you prepare.
CPM's 📈 The annual rise has started ahead of BFCM. 🤪
We analyzed 20 scaled accounts and found that in the last week:
- 85% of accounts have CPM's rising >15%
- the range of CPM increase varied from 15% to high as 80%.
- 15% of the accounts had a rise <15% WoW
Note: All of these accounts had spent> $1k in the last week.
Are you ready?
- You need ads that have been tested and have a signal of scaleability
- Monitor fatigue if ads aren't performing optimally
- Have a compelling offer, YOUR COMPETITORS do
- Be ready to spend post-BFCM -> auction costs will crater. 💰
- If you have no new creative ready → duplicate a top-performing ad from the past but swap out the headline + primary text for your offer.
How should I be writing the headlines for my BFCM ads? 🧐 Blog with full analysis here.
Our question is have YOU optimized your copy yet to make sure it drives the highest impact? We analyzed 1,137 top-performing ads to find trends that would help you drive impact this year.
Why the results are important:
- Every advertiser will be pushing an offer, but will they be anchoring that in the core principles that drive performance year-round?
- this might help you unlock new ways to pitch the business you haven't tried and will be able to get a quick signal on (thank you scaled spends)
- you might be focused on the wrong part of your value prop
Top Customer Insight
"We have a very complex product, it's hard to explain succinctly..."
Check out our 👉 LinkedIn post with a strategy on how to work through this efficiently.
Top ROAS Performers QTD
Something different 👉 we love this Harvard Business Review article - Finding Joy at Work