Your Weekly Pencil - January 11, 2022
In this newsletter you’ll find:
- How Cameo is becoming a brand content source
- Ad of the Week 🔥
- Advice on how to spend your energy on Paid Social
- Cameo is poised for a bigger role in brands' 2022 social strategy -> Cameo is gaining momentum as more marketers develop campaigns with its platform, which is most notable for letting people buy personalized video recordings from celebrities.
- 22 Emerging Direct-to-Consumer Brands -> This rundown of great brands to check out this year can give you a sense of what consumers are responding to. We'd recommend studying them to understand what consistency you see between them and how that lines up with your current strategies for alluring new/returning customers.
- User-Generated Content Represents 39% of Time Spent With Media-> Feels obvious that you should be using UGC by now but if you haven't as part of your strategy, check out the data that supports the need to have it as part of your content mix.
- Why we love it💓-> Branded, high-quality assets + the humanity of UGC make for a great recipe when explaining a complex beauty product like Vice Reversa.
Best Twitter Thread of the Week
From Barry Hott, we learn about where you should be spending your energy on ads👇
- CPM's or CTR aren't always great indicators of a strong ad
- Why turning off ads based on those signals can lead you astray
- Know the outcome want so you know what metric to focus on
- Make sure to read the thread & follow him for more tips.
- Brand Image > Brand Growth?
- Best Creative AI Ads of 2021
- Finding Your Ideal Customer Will Drive Performance
Something different 👉
Choice Hacking breaks down The Rise of Nike - and how they used behavioral science to create an enduring brand.