Your Weekly Pencil - December 14, 2021
In this newsletter you’ll find:
- A paid advertising spend calculator 🔢
- Best AI Ad of the Week
- Insights from the front lines of scaling a product solo 📈
Since you're planning 2022, check out our blog helping you model out how you could be spending on your ads 🚀
- The model includes how AI drives the efficiency to be able to test more ads
- What testing more quickly + efficiently can do to your margin
- Direct Link to the model
Ad of the Week from Buckleband 💪
- Why we love it 💓->Strong Visuals + Product Benefits. Buckleband is a new brand and they are focusing on what makes them unique and by communicating that directly, with premium-looking assets they are letting their audience know just how strong the quality of their products are. What are you communicating with your ads?
Top Customer Insight
"We want to have a more streamlined campaign structure so we can focus on creative, but every time we change something to test it out, our campaigns dip or don't pick up the budget"
Check out our 👉 LinkedIn post about how you can slowly shift your ad budget while not compromising what drives the most sales for you.
- 2022 social media predictions-> top social media execs give their opinions about trends we will see expand in 2022.
- 81% of marketers see brand values gain influence over ad-buying-> this study suggests marketers are increasingly willing to trade off a degree of marketing performance if it ensures their ads appear in "brand-suitable" environments where they have more control.
- Video content to Become the Focus of Instagram's Main Feed Display-> Soon Instagram's feed will be a combined display of relevant image posts, Stories, Reels, and Video content, all displayed in a full-screen, swipeable UI, ala TikTok, as the platform works to keep up with evolving usage trends.
Best Twitter Thread of the Week
From Zach Stuck, sharing his learnings about how to scale an e-comm product solo 👇
- The main traffic source is FB/IG Ads
- He believes creative is the signal greatest differentiator
- Buy More, Save More Offer drives up AOV
- Make sure to read the thread & follow him for more tips.
Top ROAS Performers QTD
Something different 👉
We found this TED talk on the Paradox of Efficiency thought-provoking (let us know what you think)