Your Weekly Pencil - August 24, 2021
- Google and Facebook have teamed up in a project called 2Africa to build an underwater cable system in Africa and Asia that aims to strengthen internet services in these continents.
- In response to Coke's reformulation announcement, Pepsi's new ad campaign urges consumers to "break up" with the rival. Using the hashtag #MyCokeBreakUp, Pepsi is asking users to post a picture on social media of themselves drinking Pepsi Zero Sugar and offering reimbursements for their Coke purchases.
- Last week, Facebook released its 2021 Creative Forecast which explores creative behaviors driven by cultural shifts in 2020, and will continue to shape campaigns for years to come. Here's a summary of what they recommend:
- Build inclusively
- Create "edutainment"
- Sell with ideas
- Speak platform language
- Reward self-discovery
Update - Pencil no longer requires a credit card to get started with the 7-day Free trial!
- We've made it even easier to dive in and get started making Facebook video ads in minutes
Ad of the Week - Cardon Award-winning skincare regime
- Cardon is an award-winning skincare regime for men. The Cardon team decided to use Creative AI, because they wanted to get a stronger read on what worked and what didn't, and why. Working with Pencil, they were guided by the strength meters of the brand kit and copy kit to develop a stronger campaign.
"The name of the game is speed, and I'm happy with it!" - 1 minute video - Create My Cookbook's experience with Pencil
- Create My Cookbook helps you build and customize your own unique recipe collection. Christina Gibson, Director of Operations, shares her experience making Facebook ads with Pencil and why she's been excited to share it with her team.
- "This is probably the first tool I've been excited to share with other people. I'm like, Oh! Guess what I found!"
Join us on Thursday August 26th for a talk about Creative AI with Derric Haynie - Sign up here for free
- 10.40am PT - Using AI to Generate and Test Ads That Learn to Drive Sales
- Being honest may not get you many friends, but it'll always get you the right ones.