Your Weekly Pencil - August 10, 2021
- With eCommerce growth continuing, Shopify revenue increased up 57% in Q2 2021. According to the company, its revenues will continue to grow 'rapidly, but at a lower rate than in 2020'.
- Geometric Energy Corporation (GEC), a Canadian startup, announced a partnership with SpaceX to launch an advertising satellite called CubeSat. Anyone can advertise on the space-ad satellite by buying a pixel with crypto.
- Tide teams up with The Midnight Mission to open its first permanent Tide Loads of Hope Laundry Room in downtown Los Angeles, in an effort to help people experiencing homelessness. As P&G's larger purpose-driven efforts, the brand plans to promote these efforts through a video-on-demand platform as opposed to a traditional ad campaign.
- FB quietly announced the end of its Advanced Mobile Measurement program on Friday in an email to advertisers. As of Oct 29, MMPs will only receive aggregated campaign data from Facebook instead of user-level data.
Back-to-school, back-to-work - Get Pencil at 20% off...forever
- If you're interested in using Creative Automation for your brand ads, we're running a 20% off promotion in August, with three additional benefits:
- Double your regular ad export limit
- Personalized support from our design team. We will build the first two campaigns with you!
- If you signup during August, the 20% off will remain in effect forever
- If you're interested, or have any questions, please just let me know by replying to this email. We'll get you and your team onboarded ASAP.
Thank you! 400+ upvotes and counting - Product Hunt reviews Pencil - ICYMI
- Last week, Pencil was featured on Product Hunt thanks to Chris Messina, Product Hunt’s #1 Hunter. In case you missed it, Product Hunt is a community-based website that offers curated lists of new tech products, including websites, mobile apps, hardware projects, and gadget creations.
- One of our top reviews: "This is awesome! We always have issues trying to come up with creative to use for Facebook ads. I'm still running ads that haven't been refreshed for over 2 years. Looking forward to saving tons of time and getting better results with Pencil."
- “The real problem of humanity is the following: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and god-like technology." - E. O. Wilson