Will's Monthly Platform Update - May 2021
This month continued our focus on reliability, stability and scalability. As more users try Pencil, we encounter a wonderful array of brands, assets and needs. We are doing everything we can to ensure everyone has a great experience before adding some of the new functionality you’ve been requesting!
1. Managing your plan and account
- Change plans. We now have multiple plans including a free trial to make it easier for anyone to try machine generated creative regardless of your budget. We’ve updated our settings page to make it easy for you to upgrade, downgrade and change the plan you’re on without having to reach out to us.
- Enable & disable workspaces. We know growth marketers - especially those agency side - need flexibility. To help we’ve made it easier for you to switch on and off workspaces within your quota.
- View invoices. We’ve made it easier to view and print your invoices to keep everyone’s finance teams happy!
2. Processing input assets
- Video processability. Some users reported that their generations were consistently failing - we found this was due to using “unprocessable” videos that were either corrupted or too large in terms of file size, length or resolution. We’ve now added a processability warning that prevents you from trying to generate ads with videos that have any of these issues.
3. System reliability
- Bugs. We dedicated several weeks of the entire engineering team’s time this month purely to fixing P0, P1 and P2 bugs and implementing an entirely new QA process to spot issues before our users do. We’re determined to continue improving this aspect of the platform.
- Error messages. We’ve also spent time making our error messages easier to understand and more helpful - so that if something does go wrong, you can find out why and fix it yourself without having to spend time reaching out to us. That said, if you ever do encounter a problem we are only a chat message away!
And please keep letting us know what else you need in 2021!