How to run Facebook ads in 2023? | Pencil AI Ads Creative
Humans are terrible at creating compelling Facebook ads!
We're not saying this to be right or feel good, but because we know it to be true. Facebook ads that are poorly designed, set up incorrectly, or managed and run haphazardly will fail—even if they have a great offer.
At a time when Facebook receives over 2.9 billion monthly active users, what does it take to succeed in the world of Facebook ads? There's no one-size-fits-all answer here, as it depends on your brand and your unique campaign's needs.
So, as a marketer, how do you successfully run Facebooks ads in 2022? Try Pencil AI Ads Creative.
Facebook Ads Running Strategies
After creating your Ad account on Facebook's Ads Manager, go ahead and:
Why are you running the Facebook ads? What do you plan to achieve out of the campaign? Setting goals allows you to keep tabs on your ad campaign's performance. This will help you to know how to improve your Facebook ads and increase the ROI of your campaigns.
Facebook Ads Manager makes it easy for you to define your goal out of the following automatically:
- Video views
- Store traffic
- Website Traffic
- App installs
- Brand awareness
- Lead generation
- Catalog sales
Each brand has unique needs. Ensure you research what your brand needs before choosing a goal.
Understand the Facebook Algorithm
Facebook uses an algorithm to decide what posts and ads appear in users' newsfeeds. The algorithm factors in your ad's relevance and engagement score. This score is based on how much and how many people interact with your ad and how relevant your ads are to the users.
The algorithm is designed to show posts most relevant to the users, so it will vary depending on their interests and what type of content they post.
In short, the algorithm determines who sees your ads and when. That's why it's essential to learn as much as possible about the objective and understand how it affects your ads.
Define Your Audience
Deciding on an audience is one of the most critical steps in running ads on Facebook. It allows you to show ads only to those likely to be interested in your product and business.
You'll need to consider each ad campaign's demographics, interests and behaviors. Demographics include age, gender or location; interests include things like 'restaurants' and behaviors describe how people use Facebook daily, such as watching videos.
Identifying our audience is vital in helping you create personalized ads relevant to your audience. This way, you get to hyperfocus your ads for optimal results.
Identify the Best Ads Placement Based on Goals
An ads placement is where you choose to run your ads on or off Facebook. The primary ads placement platforms to choose from include:
- Facebook Audience Network
Fortunately, Facebook has got your back. The platform recommends you utilize the automatic placements feature based on your ad's objectives.
Test Your Ads
Testing allows you to experiment with different targeting, ad copy and audiovisuals to see which works best. There are several ad testing platforms in the market, but Facebook Ads Manager has the right tools.
Testing will enable you to change things such as:
- Audience size
- Bidding strategy
- Ad image and copy
Remember not to get too hung up on the numbers. It can be tempting to over-optimise your ads and spend hours trying to get a few extra clicks. To avoid leading down a rabbit hole, focus on writing clear ad copy explaining why people should buy from you.
Use Artificial Intelligence (AI) To Create Your Ads
Creating and running Facebook Ads successfully can be challenging, especially if it's your first time and you lack enough skills. If you are in such a situation, you can leverage the power of the AI platforms in the market today. AI platforms such as Pencil make creating and running Facebook ads easy and seamless, regardless of the brand.
Create Winning Facebook Ads using Pencil is as simple as:
- Connect Pencil to your ad accounts
- Tell Pencil what your brand does and who your customers are.
- Upload your audiovisuals
- Choose what objective and metric you want your ads to drive.
- Choose your product and generate a batch of ads
Increase the chances of running a successful ad campaign on Facebook with Pencil.
Track Your Ads Campaign's Performance
A vital step in your ads campaign is measuring its performance. Only you understand and visualize where you want the campaign to head. The more you know how to measure the performance, the more control you'll have towards that vision.
Some vital KPIs to measure include:
- Ad impressions
- Relevance score
- Cost per result
- Video views
- Click-through rate
- Cost per Conversion
- Conversion rate
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
Your Facebook Ads Manager and marketing platforms are the best tools to track your ads campaigns. That's the first place you'll want to check.
10 Types of Ads You Can Run On Facebook
After developing your effective ad-running strategy, decide which type of ad you wish to build.
The various types of Facebook ads you can run include:
- Image Ads - the simplest ad types consisting of a single still design, illustration, or photo. They are versatile and integrate with multiple ad types, placements and aspect ratios. Unfortunately, they are limited and require adherence to Facebook's image ads specs.
- Video Ads - contain short videos or motion graphics. While they take time to make, they are great at driving conversions and engagement. However, go through Facebook's video ads requirements.
- Slideshow Ads - consist of 3 - 10 images or one video playing in a sideshow. These ads consume five times less data but can be as effective as video ads. They follow the same guidelines as video ads.
- Stories Ads - can be videos, images or carousels that allow marketers to reach their audience in full-screen, immersive environments. These mobile-only ads are super-effective as over 60% of users become interested in a brand after seeing its stories ads. You can link each image or video to a unique product page or link all of them to a single product page.
- Instant Experience ads/Canvas Ads - are mobile-only ads that allow users to engage with your content by swiping through an image carousel, tilting their screens in various directions, and zooming in or out. Instant Experience ads are effective with ten times loading speeds.
- Carousel Ads - consist of up to 10 still images or videos your audience can click or tap through. Carousels are compatible with several ad types, but ensure you know more about Facebook's carousel ads.
- Collection Ads - allow creators to pair videos or images with their products to boost purchases smoothly and immersively. Collection ads include a cover page or video followed by three product images. When users tap the ad, their device goes full-screen to your product's landing page.
- Dynamic Product Ads - personalized and relevant ads shown to users who've shown interest in your products from other pages, such as your website, app or elsewhere. In most cases, dynamic ads are carousels.
- Lead Form Ads - help collect users' personal information, such as email addresses, to help build a mailing list. Simply, a user completes and submits the lead forms and voila! Facebook does the rest.
- Messenger Ads - shows up in messenger as the users chat away. When a user taps or clicks on the messenger ad, they are directed to your Facebook page or other destination you've designated.
Each of these ad formats has varied requirements and specifications. Take time to research and understand before choosing any of them.
Its a Wrap
Facebook ads are a powerful tool to reach your audience and grow your business. Understanding how they work is essential to make the most of them. You've already taken the first step being here, and now it's time to start your own Facebook advertising journey. To help achieve your goals, consider using Pencil AI Ads creative. Our AI uses next-gen algorithms to design, create and run successful social media ads that actually convert. If you are ready to begin your Facebook Ads campaign but feeling stuck or need impressive results, take the first step with Pencil today.