How to Find Winning Facebook Ads Vs TikTok Ads | Pencil AI
The digital advertising sector is rapidly developing to include different media in marketing. With social media advertising forming a sizable chunk of contemporary marketing strategy, there is pressure to on marketing teams to choose where to allocate their budgets between Facebook Ads and TikTok Ads. If not, to find a strategy that takes advantage of their synergies.
Facebook and TikTok each enjoy a massive user base globally, allowing plenty of opportunities to market successfully to the right audiences and boost revenues. Which is the best platform between TikTok ads and Facebook ads?
This post explains the difference and how to find winning Facebook ads vs. TikTok ads in 2022.
What Are Facebook Ads, And How To Find Winning Facebook Ads
With over 3 billion active users on the platform, Facebook ads provide an immense playing field for brands to reach their target audience and convert prospects. On the one hand, successful marketing doesn't always reach everyone. On the other hand, successful marketing can reach the right people (audience), and this is where Facebook comes in.
Facebook ads are an advertising media run by the popular social media platform to promote services and products via the publication of video, image, or text ads. Facebook ads are a marketing channel broadly used by brands because of its massive audience and its impeccable prospect of segmentation. After all, 93% of social media marketers trust Facebook ads to grow their brand.
How Do Facebook Ads Work?
It has a relatively simple mode of operation compared to search engine advertising. The ads allow you to choose between the following objective:
- These objectives can spark an interest in your brand in the targeted audience.
- These objectives generate interest in your products/ services.
- The ultimate goal is to motivate interested parties to take action concerning your product/ service and PURCHASE!
It is worth noting that Facebook ads come in different varieties and capabilities. It is important to be cautious when choosing your winning ads.
Pros And Cons Of Facebook Ads
- Detailed targeting options, such as demographics, allow you to reach a specific audience. These options allow you to use a single ad campaign across multiple prospects, thus increasing exposure while minimizing costs.
- Facebook ad library allows you to discover what other brands are creating and how it works from the ads they have listed.
- Competition isn't as high as in other digital marketing channels, making Facebook ads an affordable way to spread your brand message.
- A/B testing allows you to test and contrast two versions of an ad strategy by alternating variables, like ad text, placement, or audience. This way, you can find winning combinations of sales copy, creatives, and audiences.
- Facebook's potent retargeting capabilities allow you to maximize your ad spend.
- It requires a lot of manual work
- It can also be time-consuming, especially for beginner marketers.
Regardless, once you can work around these challenges, Facebook ads can help you significantly increase your brand awareness and ROI.
Facebook Ad Cost
Over 3.7 million brands utilize Facebook ads to target and reach their prospects, spending approximately $5.5 billion combined. However, with Facebook's limited ad spaces, different factors influence the availability and costs of Facebook ads. These include:
- Ads' total value
- Ad quality
- Estimated action rates
- Stiffness of competition
- Holidays such as Black Friday witness skyrocketed ad costs.
So, how much do Facebook ads cost? Facebook charges marketers depending on Cost Per Click (CPC) and Cost Per Mille (CPM), also known as Cost Per 1,000 impressions. While it can be hard to estimate the exact Facebook ad costs, expect to pay:
- $0.94 per click
- $12.07 per 1,000 impressions.
(note: every brand has different baseline numbers)
However, you can reduce your Facebook ad costs by having the right campaign objective, narrowing your audience targeting, and running retargeting campaigns, among other means.
What Are TikTok Ads, And How Do You Winning TikTok Ads?
By April 2022, TikTok reached 1 billion active users globally, with the numbers expected to rise as marketers discover the benefits of TikTok ads. TikTok's growing popularity makes the platform a great addition to a brand's social media advertising strategy for various reasons.
While TikTok ads aren't as immensely popular as Facebook ads, they offer an incredible opportunity for brands to spread their reach globally. Regardless of your brand size or marketing budget, TikTok ads provide unique tools to boost your success.
TikTok ads come in different types, including:
- In-feed video. These appear among users' news feeds.
- Brand takeover. With these ads, you can dominate the conversation as your message takes over the entire screen for a short while and then turns into in-feed video ads.
- Spark ads. This ad type allows brands to sponsor popular organic content relating to their offerings.
- Carousel ads. They include up to 10 images appearing in TikTok's news feed apps.
- Branded AR content. Ads can appear as different AR content types, allowing TikTok users to use them in their videos.
- Sponsored influencer content. Here, you sponsor an influential TikTok user to pass across your brand message.
- Image ads.
- Video ads.
Pros And Cons Of TikTok Ads
- TikTok users are highly responsive and receptive to ads
- The platform has impressive top-of-the-funnel metrics, allowing you to track and measure your marketing campaign's success.
- Minimal restrictions since you can create or repurpose existing content, thus saving your marketing expenses.
- TikTok is still relatively new, thus platform data capabilities are limited compared to other giants, such as Facebook.
- Limited amounts of formats you can utilize
- It can also be time-consuming and costly to produce high-quality content.
TikTok Ad Costs
TikTok is relatively new in the advertising game. As such, the platform is still likely to charge a premium for advertising. Such confidence stems from their faith in themselves to rival other giant platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, etc.
TikTok ads begin at $10 per CPM (cost per 1,000 views). Moreover, the platform requires you to spend a $500 minimum on a campaign. If you choose to collaborate with influencers, you can negotiate reasonable rates to market your offerings, depending on factors at your discretion.
Summary: Facebook Ads Vs. TikTok Ads
Which is the best between the two? While each boasts features and competitive advantages, TikTok ads appear to be better for brand advertising in 2022. TikTok has cheaper costs per impressions, clicks, and conversion compared to Facebook.
Moreover, TikTok has a huge organic reach and an almost similar user-friendly interface to Instagram. Still, the choice remains with individual brands with different needs and varying strategies to achieve their market goals.
Pencil is mindful that deciding between Facebook Ads and TikTok Ads is not as uncomplicated as it may appear. However, what we know is that successful digital marketing campaigns just test and retest more ad creatives than the competition.
This takes time, money, and effort, but with Pencil's testing assistance, you can create an endless stream of effective ad creatives for less. Instead of burning through your advertising budget testing and time waiting for generic content, try Pencil here. Contact us for more information.